- If you haven’t already, install the long-term support (LTS) version of Node.js.
- Prepare a directory where you will be working from, e.g.
~/workshop. On Windows, make sure to use a short path (to prevent issues with too long paths), e.g.
- Open a terminal in the directory you’ve just created and issue
npx create-react-app gtd-app
Prepare an account
During the workshop, we’ll be working with a remote REST API. You can pre-register an account today so you can continue immediately during the workshop. This account is only there to prevent participants from influencing each others work.
An account is the combination of a username and a password.
- Register an account:
curl -d 'username=...&password=...' https://gtdapp.mulders.it/public/users/register
- Update package.json in your React project with
Install the client library
- Install the client lib in your React project:
npm i gtd-lib